National Electrical Manufacturers Association’s (NEMA) T5 and T8 linear fluorescent lamp indexes surged upward 6.3 and 15.7 percent on a year-over-year basis (y/y), respectively, during 2013Q1. Moreover, the T8 index value of 120.2 was the second highest in the history of the series. Meanwhile, the index reading of 173.9 for T5 lamps was the highest since 2011. Not surprisingly, the index for T12 lamp shipments continued to diminish, posting a decrease of 38.9 percent (y/y), settling at a value of 36.5 for the quarter. Continue reading
Current rebates can help reduce the cost of your lighting project. USIlluminations provides all material and documentation necessary to ensure compliance for qualification requirements of any potential incentive dollars available through utility company rebate programs. We carefully prepare each application to maximize the return of any and all
funds available to clients.
The following rebate programs could be beneficial to Ohio residents: Continue reading
- Manufacturers are phasing out production of T12 lamps and ballasts.
- Less availability of T12 lamps and ballasts.
- Increased costs, up to triple the normal price, because of supply and demand of T12 lamps and ballasts.
- To meet energy efficient federal regulations, manufacturers will focus on T8 and T5 lamp and ballast production.
- There’s a limited opportunity to access incentive funds from utility companies for T12 lighting upgrades. Continue reading